Here at PoemAnalysis.com, we have the largest database of poetry analysis online and that is a fact! For those that are studying English Language at the International GCSE level on the Pearson Edexcel board of examiners, here is a list of the poetry from their Specification A. This includes all of the poems from Part 2: Paper 2 Section A Poetry and Prose.
Therefore, please feel free to skip to the poem most relevant to you. If you want a poem to be analyzed that you cannot find on the site too, please feel free to contact us.
Edexcel Internal English Language GCSE (4EA1) – Poetry and Prose Texts
- ‘Disabled’ by Wilfred Owen [PDF Guide]
- ‘Out, Out−‘ by Robert Frost [PDF Guide]
- ‘An Unknown Girl‘ by Moniza Alvi [PDF Guide]
- ‘The Bright Lights of Sarajevo’ by Tony Harrison [PDF Guide]
- ‘Still I Rise’ by Maya Angelou [PDF Guide]
- ‘The Story of an Hour’ by Kate Chopin (still analyzing)
- ‘The Necklace’ by Guy de Maupassant (still analyzing)
- ‘Significant Cigarettes (from The Road Home)‘ by Rose Tremain (still analyzing)
- ‘Whistle and I’ll Come to You (from The Woman in Black)‘ by Susan Hill (still analyzing)
- ‘Night‘ by Alice Munro (still analyzing)