For those that are studying WJEC GCE AS English Language and Literature course, here is a list of all poems from their syllabus analyzed. These are the poems that apply to exams for Unit 1 Section A. If you are struggling to understand any of the terms used in our analysis, explore our literary term glossary.
Please feel free to skip to the poem most relevant to you and if you want a poem to be analyzed that you cannot find on the site too, feel free to contact us.
We also welcome comments on all of our poetry analyses and articles. If you have any questions about any of the poems at all, including the aforementioned below, please feel free to comment and you will be responded to by a poetry expert.
WJEC GCE AS English Language and Literature Anthology
- The Passionate Shepherd to His Love by Chrisopher Marlowe
- Sonnet 130 by William Shakespeare
- There Is A Garden In Her Face by Thomas Campion
- The Collar by George Herbert
- Sonnet XIX: On His Blindness by John Milton
- To My Dear and Loving Husband by Anne Bradstreet
- A Satirical Elegy on the Death of a Late Famous General by Jonathan Swift
- The Schoolboy by William Blake
- Composed Upon Westminster Bridge (September 3, 1802) by William Wordsworth
- Kubla Khan (Extract) by Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- She Walks in Beauty by Lord Byron
- Ozymandias by Percy Byshee Shelley
- To Autumn by John Keats
- Sonnet 43: How do I love thee? by Elizabeth Barrett Browning
- The Kraken by Alfred Lord Tennyson
- Spellbound by Emily Brontë
- Song (When I am dead, my dearest) by Christina Rossetti
- The Darkling Thrush by Thomas Hardy
- God’s Grandeur by Gerard Manley Hopkins
- Leisure by William Henry Davies